Sunday, April 16, 2006

fuck that noise

Up With Grups - The Ascendant Breed of Grown-Ups Who Are Redefining Adulthood -- New York Magazine: "(e) spend $250 on a pair of jeans that are artfully shredded to look like they just fell through a wheat thresher and are designed, eventually, to artfully fall totally apart; "

fuuuck no $250 jeans? fashoin statement?

The joy of getting old is that I no longer (had I ever?) been compelled to spend an assload of money on clothes.

(p) take pride in never shaving while spending $200 on a bedhead haircut and $600 on a messenger bag


WTF? are these just dirty lies to cover their drug habits? or yanking the press? does that $200 haircut come with release

reminds me... the other day I was talking with some cow-orkers, former teammates, about my move to the new San Francisco office. They said something about spending that extra money and time buying fashionable clothes so I could fit in there. And it all fit together--they bought the lie. Somehow its okay to wear a t-shirt and jeans if you claim that they're expensive. I now confidently report that these special expensive t-shirts come from threadless

key difference: "wear a different pair of $250 designer jeans every day" vs "wear the same pair of $50 (labels cut off) work pants every day" ?


next installment: my response to section two "The Grup Children, or Daddy, Please Turn That Music Down"

1 comment:

laura said...

i just got a 200$ hair coloring... *hides in shame*